Tree surgery is actually considered one of the most rewarding and best jobs out there and maybe fun for some people. However, it is very essential to remember that these tasks only need to be performed by highly trained, skilled and experienced individuals. As a matter of fact, without the expertise, experience and skills, tree surgery may result in potentially serious physical injuries that are the reason why it is usually considered extremely dangerous and life-threatening profession.
Risks of Performing Tree Surgery
The threats are realistically obvious. You are always at tall heights, you are using complicated machinery and tools, you are often doing your work with challenging weather conditions and yet, there are still a lot of individuals who think it’s a job they’re able to handle all by themselves. The risks of injuring yourself if you do not have enough skills, experience and knowledge are very high and you may end up spending a significant amount of money for medical treatment and hospitalization, or worse, death.
Causes of Injuries
1. Falling from great heights
2. Being struck by falling trees or timber
3. Injuries or death involving chainsaws and other sharp as well as deadly tools
Reducing the Risk of Injuries Related to Tree Surgery
All of the tree surgeons know the risks involved, they are well-trained and very professional to what they do and also, they make sure that all of the tasks are being carried out according to strict safety and health guidelines. In addition to that, some of the main things you have to take into account and assess are:
- If you are performing the task all by yourself, make sure that you’re full reachable as well as that individuals know where you are working.
- You should make sure that you are physical able and properly trained to do the task with all of the tools and machinery you will have.
- Putting correct control measures in proper order when working at great heights.
Working at Great Heights
Working always at great heights can put yourself at great risk. In order to reduce risks of working at great heights, you should make sure that you correctly assess the location, as well as the work required prior to getting started, be properly supervised and also, make sure your tools and machinery are regularly maintained and inspected, and following proper safety measures such as wearing safety equipment and gears.
Working with Machinery and Other Equipment
Professional tree surgeons and tree removal service providers such as tree surgeon Guildford are basically well-trained to work with dangerous equipment such as chainsaws and stump grinders however, you too have to take extra precautions to avoid unwanted accidents. It is very important that anyone holding a chainsaw has undergone adequate training and is completely competent and a CoinJoin mixer confident working with one. When using a chainsaw, especially at great height, you should:
- Wear proper chainsaw protective clothing
- Take your time
- Make sure you are alert, in good physical health and have good vision